Thursday, 12 September 2013

My Bodytrim Journey: week 12

I made a huge psychological break through this week - I entered the 62's! Though I only lost 200g last week, it feels quite significant that I am in the 62's and am now less than 1kg of my target weight - 900g to be exact!



Weigh In:
Starting weight: 72.5kgs
Weight after week 1: 69.4kgs
Weight after week 2: 68.7kgs
Weight after week 3: 68.1kgs
Weight after week 4: 67.2kgs
Weight after week 5: 66.7kgs
Weight after week 6: 65.4kgs
Weight after week 7: 65.4kgs
Weight after week 8: 64.7kgs
Weight after week 9: 64.1kgs
Weight after week 10: 63.4kgs
Weight after week 11: 63.1kgs
Weight after week 12: 62.9kgs
Loss in last week = -0.2kgs
Total weight loss: 9.6kgs

As I am reaching my target weight goal, I am really noticing my weight loss slow down. I haven't really increased the amount of exercise that I am doing so this is probably why - I have probably reached a happy weight for my body and if I want to lose any more I will need to increase my energy expenditure. 

I am really happy with how I am looking. Now that the weather is warming up, I am pulling out clothes I haven't worn in 6 months and they are too loose which is a great sign of the progress that I have made. People keep asking me whether I feel heaps better and the strange thing is that I don't. I don't feel like I have lost nearly 10kgs - I think my body is finally matching up with how I thought I looked. I don't feel like I have heaps more energy (isn't that something people who lose weight always say?) but I'd say that is because I am still in the chronically sleep deprived days of having a young family. I am definitely way less cranky though, so that must be the equivalent of having more energy when you are sleep deprived!

I have two more weeks left until my goal end date which is my birthday (actually - I am late getting this weeks post up so it is actually 1 week and 3 days) and 900g to lose. In theory, it is definitely doable though in reality I would be happy to be anywhere in the 62's. This journey has gone so fast. I decided to go on it on a complete whim and I am so glad that I did. It seemed so daunting at first yet has been surprisingly easy. The real challenge may be maintaining my goal weight and not let bad habits sneak back in.

Have a great week everyone and stay clear of sugar!

Follow the rest of my journey here