Tuesday 10 July 2012

Hotel toiletries that are actually worth stealing

I don't know about you but every time that I stay in a hotel I am compelled to take all of the toiletries that they provide. I then get home, unpack my wash bag and have a look at my new haul of toiletries only to decide that they are crap and I doubt I'll ever use them, so I end up binning them.

A few years ago something strange happened - the toiletries in hotel I was staying at were actually quite amazing! We were on our first family holiday with The Crazy Kid, who was only 3 months old at the time, and in the mad rush of trying to pack absolutely every baby item we owned I completely forgot to pack any hair or shower products for myself. As I was also travelling with my mother-in-law I just figured that I would borrow her products (or let her buy me some new stuff hehehe - she has three sons so it is my duty to let her buy me beauty products!!). We didn't have time to buy anything on the first day so I had to use the supplied products - some brand called Romy that I hadn't heard of - then the plan was to do a shop the next morning. Well, was I in for a surprise. These products were stunning. The hotel supplied a shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion all fragranced with Eucalyptus and Lemongrass. That combination of essential oils was so uplifting and intoxicating. It was truly stunning. But that wasn't all. The shampoo and conditioner actually left my hair in really good condition. It was soft, manageable and really healthy. Upon returning home I tried to google the brand but couldn't really find anything so kind of forgot about them, until the other day when I saw an article on BeautyDirectory titled From hotels to the home. It was here that I learnt that Romy was expanding from being a line of toiletries found in hotels to one that individuals could also purchase. I was about to be reunited with my beloved Eucalyptus and Lemongrass shampoo and conditioner!



About Romy: Romy is a body care range from the Northern Beaches of Sydney. The products are plant-derived and enriched with aromatherapy oils and natural Australian bush fruit extracts. Romy contains the highest quality ingredients that are good for people and the environment. In addition to the Eucalyptus and Lemongrass range there are also Cinnamon & Cocoa Butter and Lavender & Fir Needle ranges. In each of these ranges are a shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body scrub, lotion, body butter and hand cream. Romy also have a facial skincare range - Kosmetik which has a cleanser, exfoliant, toner, day & night cream and eye serum,.
I now have a whole bevy of Romy products that I will be reviewing over the coming months. I will review the Eucalyptus and Lemongrass shampoo in more detail to see whether it lives up to the wonderful memories I have of it. So far, I have just sniffed the products and they are exactly as I remembered so fingers crossed they are as equally beautiful to use.

Romy can be purchased online from their website.


Have you also discovered any hotel toiletries that are actually any good? Do you compulsively steal hotel toiletries and then never use them?


All opinions stated in this blog are my own. I have no affiliation with Romy and received no remuneration for my comments.